Ghostwriting is not just facts, it’s about voice. Finding a form of words that could be said by my clients is challenging fun, and getting to understand their perspectives often changes my world-view in intriguing and unexpected ways.
I believe that inspirational content – whatever the format – is brought alive by personal touches. The right words and phrases are a must, but the right quotes, related case studies, relevant photographic images, directly illustrative diagrams or interesting infographics might bring depth or value. Even when the words need no accompaniment, the structure or format of the book might be key. No two clients have the same needs or the same vision and that’s part of why I enjoy the work.
My professional writing includes the following roles;
• Professional writer, where I have produced features, commentary and marketing copy,
• Ghost-writer, where I have produced books based on my clients ideas,
• Collaborative writer, where the creative work and research that I have managed on behalf of my client was so great that the original idea grew into something more,
• Editorial and full-book contributions towards books published by the UK Government,
• Social media writer using SEO and blog optimisation best practices,
• Editor for academic papers and conference presentations,
• Copy writer for websites, blogs, LinkedIN and internal communications.
Depending on your requirements I can work alone, bring in trusted colleagues, manage supporting research, find potential publishers or provide a seamless end-to-end service.
I have an international network of colleagues. When time is really tight we take advantage of living in different time zones to deliver 24 working hours in one day.
My specialisms are risk, finance, banking and accountancy, project management, photography, travel and dance. If I don’t have the background to do your work justice I will tell you, and will be happy to recommend someone else.
As a journalist and writer in my own right, I’ve had features, listicles, magazines, academic papers, opinion pieces and several books published under my own name. Before working as a photographer and journalist I was a successful risk consultant. All the projects and programmes for which I was responsible ran on time, to budget and to my clients’ satisfaction and delivered best-in-class outcomes.
The Asian Tsunami, recovering from aggressive breast cancer, clients in the Twin Towers, working with dancers of all ages and teaching photography also inform my work. I enjoy meeting new challenges and consider myself privileged to be able to do what I do. It is all so much fun.
If you are interested in receiving examples of my work, or in discussing a potential project, drop me a line here.